Università degli Studi della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli
Università degli Studi della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli"
|Location||Caserta, Naples, provinces of Caserta and Naples, Italy|
|Sports teams||CUS Caserta|
The University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli (Italian: Università degli Studi della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli") is a university located in the cities and territories of Caserta and Naples, from the region of Campania. It has been founded in the late 1991.
The Second University of Naples was its former name, as the university history was common between the School of Medicine and Surgery and University of Naples Federico II between the 19th and 20th centuries.
The University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli is divided into academic departments, service and research centres, which are located in a series of historic and contemporary buildings.
History and profile
The first Academic Year started on 1 November 1992.
Notably, the Primo Policlinico di Napoli was one of the oldest university hospitals in Naples. It also represents one of the university core buildings located in the city of Naples.
Academic departments include:
- Architecture and Industrial Design
- Information and Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering, Design, Building and Environment
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Political Sciences "Jean Monnet"
- Science and Technology for the Environment, Biology and Pharmacy
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and Clinical Pathology
- Women, Child and Surgery
- Medical Research
- Clinical and Experimental Internal Medicine
- Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry
- Preventive Medicine, Physical and Mental Health
- Cardio-Thoracic and Respiratory Sciences
- Ageing, Neurological and Metabolic Sciences
- Literature and Cultural Heritage
- (in Italian) University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli Website
- (in English)(in Italian) [https://web.archive.org/web/20121008035635/http://www.medicina.unina2.it/en-us/home.aspx Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
Recommended reading