From today's featured article
Knuckles' Chaotix is a side-scrolling platform game developed and published by Sega for the 32X, first released on April 20, 1995. A spin-off of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, the game features Knuckles the Echidna and the four Chaotix, who try to prevent Doctor Robotnik and Metal Sonic from conquering a mysterious island. Development of the game can be traced to Sonic Crackers, a 1994 prototype for the Sega Genesis featuring Sonic and Tails. Development transitioned to the 32X under the working title Knuckles' Ringstar. Sonic and Tails were removed from the game and replaced by Knuckles and four other characters, including Mighty the Armadillo, who first appeared in the arcade game SegaSonic the Hedgehog (1993). Critical reception to Knuckles' Chaotix has been mixed, and the physics of a new tethering system was faulted as cumbersome. Some characters and concepts introduced in the game were featured in later Sonic games and media. Despite interest from fans, the game has not been rereleased beyond a brief period through GameTap in the mid-2000s. (Full article...)
Did you know...
In the news
On this day...
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning materials and activities
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus