From today's featured article
Arlington is a small city in the Seattle metropolitan area of northern Snohomish County in the U.S. state of Washington. It lies on the Stillaguamish River in the western foothills of the Cascade Range, adjacent to the city of Marysville and 10 miles (16 km) north of Everett. The population was 17,926 in the 2010 U.S. census. Arlington was established in the 1880s and incorporated as a city on May 20, 1903. During the Great Depression of the 1930s, federal projects in the Arlington area included a municipal airport that would serve as a naval air station during World War II. Beginning in the 1980s, Arlington became increasingly suburban, annexing new neighborhoods to the south and west. The economy of the Arlington area transitioned from timber and agriculture to a service economy in the late 20th century. A Boeing facility is in Everett, and Arlington's airport is home to many aerospace jobs. (Full article...)
Did you know...
In the news
On this day...
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning materials and activities
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus