Hosseini infancy conference
|Shia Islam portal|
The Hosseini infancy conference (Persian: همایش شیرخوارگان حسینی) is a mourning custom of the Day of Ashura. It is held on the first Friday of Muharram in the Islamic calendar to commemorate the memory of Ali al-Asghar ibn Husayn, the six-month-old baby boy of Husayn ibn Ali and Umm Rubab, who was the youngest person killed in the Battle of Karbala.
Aim of the conference
Time and place
The first conference was held in 2003, and after that mourners have congregated every year on the first Friday of Muharram throughout Iran and in 43 other countries including Iraq, Pakistan, Bahrain, India, and Turkey.
At the conference, mothers dress their babies in special green and white clothes, which are said to resemble the clothing of Ali al-Asghar ibn Husayn. Babies also wear a headband with the name of Ali al-Asghar ibn Husayn written on it.
Each first Friday of Muharram in Iran and other countries, mothers and their babies receive Alavi's green gown and scarf and the forehead band of Ya Sahebazzaman upon their arrival in the conference. They will then mourn Ali Asghar's infant death at Karbala. In 2003, the first ceremony was held in Tehran. Other cities of Iran and other countries have been holding the ceremony ever since.
- 2003: Tehran (the first year)
- 2004: Tehran, Mashhad, Qom, Karbala, Najaf, Bahrain
- 2005: 54 cities of Iran and 21 cities elsewhere
- 2006: 112 cities of Iran and 30 cities elsewhere
- 2007: 213 cities of Iran and 43 cities elsewhere
- 2008: 400 cities of Iran and 59 cities elsewhere
- 2009: 550 cities of Iran and 70 cities elsewhere
- 2010: 970 points of Iran and 87 cities elsewhere
- 2011: 1550 points of Iran and 110 cities in the five continents
- 2011: 2000 points of Iran and 220 cities in the five continents
- 2012: 2050 points of Iran and 222 cities in the five continents
- 2013: 2075 points of Iran and 225 cities in the five continents
- 2014: 2500 points of Iran and 230 cities in the five continents
The ceremony is held in these countries:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
In the Gregorian calendar
The following table shows the predicted dates and announced dates based on the calendar of Iran, which celebrated the conference for the first time.
|Solar Hijri year||Gregorian date|
|1396||22 September 2017|
|1397||14 September 2018|
- Ahmed, A.K. (2007). The Hidden Truth About Karbala. Qum: Ansariyan Publications. p. 250. ISBN 978-964-438-921-4. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Brief Notes On Some Of Those Who Martyred In Kufa And Karbala". al-islam.org. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Hosseini infancy conference in Iran and 40 other countries". Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Hosseini infancy conference held in Mashhad". Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Hosseini infancy conference held in Imam Reza shrine". Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Hosseini infancy conference held in Eshtehard of Alborz Provience".
- "Hosseini infancy conference held in Khorramabad". Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Hosseini Infants in Jamkaran Mosque". Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "remembrance of Ali al-Asghar ibn Husayn in ceremony of the Global Day of 'Ali Al-Asghar' mehrnews".
- "ceremony of the Global Day of 'Ali Al-Asghar' .Global Convent for Respect Ali-e-Asghar honour".
- "Calendar of 1396 SH" (PDF). ketabkhani.
- "the calendar of 1397 SH" (PDF). calendar.ut.ac.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shirkharegan Hosseini.|