Col J. R. Barber Armoury
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Col J.R. Barber Armoury|
|Type||Drill Hall / armoury|
|Address||91 Todd Road|
|Current tenants||Halton Company – The Lorne Scots, |
Lorne Scots Pipes and Drums,
676 Lorne Scots Army Cadet Corps,
756 Wild Goose Air Cadet Sqn.
The Georgetown Armoury is a Canadian Forces armoury in Georgetown, Ontario. In the Canadian Forces, an armoury is a place where a reserve unit trains, meets, and parades.
The armoury is home to Halton Company – The Lorne Scots, a light infantry regiment that is part of 32 Canadian Brigade Group. The Armoury is also home to the regiment's Transport Unit, the Lorne Scots Pipes and Drums and two Cadet units.
The Armoury was built to replace the old Georgetown Armouries (c. 1866) at 1 Park Avenue at the Georgetown Fairgrounds Park. The new building is located at 91 Todd Road, Georgetown, Ontario and opened in 1997.
|This Canadian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|